Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dairy Entries - Day 1

Today - the 1st of December - what a nightmare of a way to start the month. 3 in the morning we were all woken up by loud sirens coming from police cars. We were forced to evacuate the house. I had no idea what was happening and for the first 10 minutes; I thought I was dreaming.

Then, suddenly in the distance we heard a loud bang, followed by 3 more and then the sky lit up. And realization hit me; the rumors were true - UAE was now part of the Middle East war. My heart started pounding as I looked at the men that made us evacuate. Who were they? Where were they taking us? I looked at mom, dad and my brother, all of them white with fear, just doing whatever they were told. I was struggling to hold my tears back; I might never see them again, this could be the last moments I have with them, the last moments I have to live! I looked around at everyone, all their faces identical - filled with fear and thoughts of never seeing their loved ones again or never seeing this world again.

And now, we’re all sitting in huge, black buses, to God knows where. We’re not allowed to talk, just sit in silence…

No comments:

Post a Comment